VENISION FAJITAS Serves 4
For the marinade:
2 Limes, juiced
1 Small Orange, juiced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
½ of a seeded jalapeno, minced
1 Tsp Oregano
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
For the Fajitas:
2 lbs. Venison Steak or Blackstrap
2 Bell peppers, cut into thin strips
1 large sweet Onion cut into thin wedges
2 TBSP Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
10 flour tortillas
4 oz. Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese, crumbled
½ cup EA. Sour Cream and Salsa of choice
- Trim off any silver skin from the venison and transfer to a sturdy re-sealable plastic bag.
- Make the marinade: Combine all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl, and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Pour marinade over meat and refrigerate for 4 hrs. or overnight.
- Prepare the Vegetables: combine the bell pepper and onion wedges into a mixing bowl, drizzle with 1 TBSP the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat
- When ready to cook, heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add remaining olive oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Remove the venison from the marinade. Add to skillet and cook 3 mins on each side (or to medium rare, depending on thickness of venison).
- When venison is done to your liking, transfer to cutting board to rest (about 10 minutes), before slicing into strips and transferring to platter.
- Toss vegetables into the hot skillet and sauté, moving around with tongs until nicely browned but still tender-crisp.
- When vegetables are done, place on platter with sliced venison.
Serve with tortillas, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and enjoy!